Sunday, October 31, 2004

Of Tangerine Sunsets and Scarlet Alcobooze

On Friday night I thought of no less than three articles to write here, and had them drafted pretty much in full in my head. Moments later, I consumed an inordinate amount of rather good Italian red wine, and promptly forgot every word of each of them. Oh well.

On a lighter note, on my way home from Sicily, as I flew over the English Channel, I saw quite possibly the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. Suddenly I felt absolutely in touch with everything around me. I could hear even the slightest sound and I felt as if I could see as far as I wanted. As the plane moved over England, the countryside seemed like a living creature that I could just reach down and stroke if the feeling grabbed me. It was a very interesting sensation.

So, when did British Airways start lacing their meals with LSD?

P.S. I'll come up with a real article soon, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home