Thursday, November 24, 2005

Radio 4 Moral Maze: Gay Marriage Debate

Melanie Philips: Lowest.form.of.human.life. (RealPlayer Listen Again link, may disappear after a week)

I'm almost too angry to type, mostly due to the fact that the cretinous bigotry of these supposedly intelligent people does seem to provide a wonderfully watertight refutation of any sort of belief in humanist progress. Some quotes for you:

"(Heterosexual) Marriage is essential for...the healthy transmission of human identity"
"A lot of homosexual relationships don't bear close (moral) inspection"
"The heterosexual married family is the building brick of society - I think that's pretty irrefutable"
"Do you have any moral problem with homosexuality?" - "Yes I do - Because I am a Christian who believes in Scripture..."

And so on and so forth. This is exceedingly vexing and depressing.

More later, when I am less incandescent.

EDIT: Also, if you look to the previously-completely-useless sidebar on the left, it now contains functional, updated links to shiny rhexis content that you might not have seen before. More will be forthcoming in the next week or so. Probably.

4 Comments:

At 4:17 am, Blogger Thaddeus "B." Glands said...

I am currently so angry that I cannot see straight.

 
At 4:32 am, Blogger Thaddeus "B." Glands said...

I am going to forcibly remove the face of the next person that quotes some half-arsed or often nonexistant study that claims that a gay relationship is an unstable environment in which to raise children, and I am going to do it with my cock and various incredibly spiky attachments.

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger Thaddeus "B." Glands said...

Yes, I do believe I can. Nice one.

 
At 11:25 pm, Blogger Withiel said...

That is is story of WONDER AND JOY. But what is the story about the drag queens and the beatings? I have not heard this tale of Pain to the Deserving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home