Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Why Igor Stravinsky is Unspeakably Cool

*drops literary trow*

*shits on The Rhexis*

*narrates self*


1. His name is Igor (bar 0)

2. Harmonically ungrammatical resolution of over-suspended notes, such as Oboe II (bar 2) which should fall to an F#, but but obstinately remains on G.

3. Subtle of addition of 2nds as clash notes into otherwise-conventional chords, such as triple-stopped open strings adding an A to the Gmaj chord (bar 3).

4. Triple-stopping (bar 3).

5. Triple-stopping of open strings (bar 3).

6.Over-sustained clash note held by viola during Cycle of Fifths (bar 7-9)


Does anybody know what piece I was writing about, because I can't remember.

Also, can anybody tell me with absolute certainty which preposition "partake" takes? I have seen it as both "of" and "in", more usually of, but instinct suggests in...

2 Comments:

At 3:25 pm, Blogger Withiel said...

I think you'll find it's the Pulchinella suite.

 
At 5:57 pm, Blogger Thaddeus "B." Glands said...

And -I- think you'll find it's "partake of".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home