Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Open Letter to South Bucks District Council

Dear Sir or Madam,


RE: INDUSTRIAL DISPOSAL OF RECYCLABLE WASTE PAPER

I have recently completed a contract of employment at a chemical R&D and Production facility in Marlow, and as part of my duties was required to dispose of various grades of hazardous and commercial waste.

It has come to my attention that my former employers, along with many other industrial establishments on the estate, throw out a large quantity of paper and cardboard; shredded documentation, superfluous papers, and spent packaging is all dropped into a single, generic "non-hazardous" skip. Invariably, over half the volume of this recepticle is occupied by recyclable paper waste.

There is a second "non-haz" skip on site, exclusively for the collection of scrap metal, collected by local scrap merchants when full, and for which limited but apparently worthwhile remuneration can be acquired. Since it is clear that industry lacks the general initiative to seperate recyclable wastes without financial incentive and/or saving of extra effort, I write to inquire as to whether there is a Council service or subsidy available to remedy the current, inadequate situation.

If such a scheme exists, how might local firms go about subscribing to it?

Furthermore, I would recommend the introduction of said scheme to all industrial and large commercial establishments within the Council's jurisdiction.


Yours,

SABLE X. VEINS, ESQ.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 pm, Blogger Sable X. Veins said...

Hmm. That was probably the most boring post I have ever produced.

Well, it was only filler. I was clearing my back catalogue of unpublished fragments.

For real posts please visit the monthly archives, and look for my articles. MY articles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home